GenTeal®, Systane®, Systane Balance® and Systane Ultra® are trademarks of Alcon Laboratories.
Refresh® and Refresh Optive® are trademarks of Allergan Inc.
- Wasmanski A.D, Kislan, T. Cross-Over Evaluation of Polyethylene Glycol 400 0.4% and 0.25% Artificial Tears in Mild Dry Eye Patients. Poster presented at: The Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology Annual Meeting; May 6, 2010, Ft Lauderdale, FL.
- Montani G. Quantitative analysis of corneal staining after a PEG400 eye drop instillation in mild dry eye patients. Poster presented at BCLA, 2010
- Dumbleton K, Woods C, Fonn D. An Investigation of the Efficacy of a Novel Ocular Lubricant. Eye & Contact Lens. 2009;35(3):149-155.
DRUG FACTS FOR THE BLINK® TEARS AND BLINK GELTEARS® DROPS
Active Ingredient Purpose
Polyethylene Glycol 400 0.25% . . . . . . . Eye lubricant
- For the temporary relief of burning, irritation, and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or exposure to wind or sun.
- May be used as a protectant against further irritation.
- For external use only.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface. Replace cap after using.
- Do not use if solution changes color or becomes cloudy.
STOP USE AND ASK A DOCTOR IF:
You experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
Keep out of the reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) as needed or as directed by your eye care professional.
Boric Acid; Calcium Chloride; Magnesium Chloride; Potassium Chloride; Purified Water; Sodium Borate;
Sodium Chloride; Sodium Chlorite (OcuPure® brand) as a preservative; Sodium Hyaluronate.
Use only if tape seals on top and bottom flaps are intact.